Thursday, February 12, 2009

Joining the ranks of Reality TV?

While perusing the classifieds on Austin's Craigslist about a week ago, I discovered a little gem in the TV/Film listings -- a casting call for a reality TV show about 3 Best Friends! 

Here's the actual post:
"***Do you know everything about your best friends and will stand together no matter what?  A Major cable network is searching for you!!  Now casting 3 Female best friends who are vibrant, competitive, energetic, Ages 21-32 to compete with other groups of girls, celebrate friendship and win prizes and see if you have what it takes to be crowned America's Best Girlfriends!  Looking for gay/straight, hot, sporty girls with the same jobs, girls with similar interests, sisters***"

After reading this I immediately told Sara and Em about it, and we all got SO EXCITED!  I quickly wrote up a witty email about what competitive lunatics we are, and Sara and Em sent me some crazy pictures of us to attach, and the email was sent!  Two days later I got an email back from the Asst. Casting Director in L.A. and she said she would call me soon and give me more details about the show and when they would be in Austin to do taped auditions.

The next day I got a call on my cell from California, but unfortunately I was at work and couldn't answer it.  I check the voicemail and sure enough it was the Asst. Casting Director calling to chat.  I, of course, am g-chatting with Sara so I give her the number and tell her to call the girl back and she does.  So Sara gives her the dish on some of our crazy antics, and the lady gives her the details about how the show will work.  Basically,  we would be living in a mansion in LA with the other groups of "girlfriends" and we will all be competing against each other in "fun/sweet" challenges to win small and large prizes.  The show is on a Major Cable Network but she wouldn't say which one, just that it's not MTV or VH1.  She said she would call us next week to set up a specific time and place for us to meet her and the director. So we will be doing that next weekend! HAHA soo crazy!

I will keep everyone posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment